Russia’s story is evolving at a rapid pace, and nowhere is this intermingling of the ancient and the avant-garde more apparent than in its two largest metropolises, Moscow and St Petersburg. This carefully crafted itinerary tells the tale of two cities – Moscow, the source of Eastern political, economic and spiritual influence, and St Petersburg – Russia’s cultural epicentre and window to Western Europe. During this fabulous 9 day Russia tour, you’ll stay in some of the country’s most stylish, centrally located urban hotels. Tour Moscow and St Petersburg plus a portion of the historical Golden Ring route by plush private transport. Travel business class on the high speed Sapsan train between Moscow and St Petersburg and spoil yourself even more with a choice of optional activities including a sublime night out at the opera or ballet at the Bolshoi Theatre, a luxurious Moscow dinner cruise and an evening of classical music at one of St Petersburg’s beautiful palaces turned concert halls.
TOUR MOSCOW AND ST PETERSBURG – THE HIGHLIGHTS
- Enjoy a very special evening at White Rabbit, heralded as one of Restaurant Magazine’s top restaurants in the world. White Rabbit combines a whimsical Alice in Wonderland theme with elegant service, creative takes on Russian cuisine and a domed glass roof providing breathtaking views of the city
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of one of the world’s biggest metropolises on a guided walking tour of Moscow, including the Red Square, the Kremlin and St Basil’s Cathedral
- Explore Moscow’s famously elaborate Metro stations on the way to the Tretyakov State Gallery, the national treasury of Russian fine art and one of the greatest museums in the world
On this unique 7 day Moscow to St Petersburg tour, you’ll immerse yourself in the art, history and culture of Russia and explore the contrasting styles of her old and new capitals – the majestic cities of Moscow and St Petersburg. Your tour begins in Moscow, the mega-metropolis whose blend of Imperial decadence, Soviet austerity and vibrant contemporary energy is sure to entertain and enthral.
MOSCOW TO ST PETERSBURG TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Panoramic Tour of Moscow: See Moscow beyond the postcard images on a private excursion by car through the city streets including a drive along the banks of the Moskva River. Visit the famous Bolshoi Theatre, pass by Gorky Park and the Novodevichy Convent and admire the city from on high at the Sparrow Hill observation platform.
- Moscow Guided Walking Tour: Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of one of the world’s biggest metropolises and discover local haunts on foot, including the Red Square, the Kremlin and the multi-coloured domes of St Basil’s Cathedral.
- St Petersburg Walking Tour: Admire the spectacular urban architecture, old-world grandeur and buzzing vibe on a guided walking tour of St Petersburg, including a stroll along its lively high street, Nevsky Prospekt
Embark on an endlessly enthralling exploration of the places that shaped Russia’s history on this 11-day tour of Moscow, St Petersburg and the Golden Ring. From the reign of the Tsars to the iron grip of the USSR to the people and projects ushering in a new era of cultural expression and innovation, you’ll gain a deeper insight into Russia’s ancient heritage and a fascinating glimpse into its future.
- Moscow City Walking Tour: Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of one of the world’s biggest metropolises on a guided tour of Moscow on foot, taking in the Red Square, the Kremlin, the fantastical St Basil’s Cathedral and more
- Moscow Metro Tour: go deep underground on a subway tour of the famous metro system, a Soviet innovation renowned for its palatial, lavishly decorated stations
- Mini Golden Ring Tour: spend two days in the gorgeous Russian countryside visiting three of the most beautiful towns of the historic Golden Ring – the medieval village of Vladimir, Suzdal’s storybook wooden houses and Sergei Posad, the “Russian Vatican”
On this mesmerising and romantic Moscow to St Petersburg river cruise, you’ll take in the sights, sounds and history of Russia’s heartland from the comfort of a stunning 5-star modern cruise vessel. After three days of touring the must-see sights of Moscow, we’ll sail through the Moscow Canal which connects the city to the majestic Volga River, the longest river in Europe. Heading north, you’ll experience the contrast between life in a heaving megacity and the languid pace of the gorgeous Russian countryside. Traversing the Volga with port calls in the timeless townships of Russia’s ancient Golden Ring, our Russian river cruise finishes in the glittering far northern metropolis of St Petersburg, one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
- Highlights of Moscow: Enjoy guided excursions to the most lauded landmarks of the Russian capital. Walk the Red Square, enter the halls of the imposing Kremlin and marvel at the works of the Russian masters at the Tretyakov Gallery
- Uglich: One of the most magnificent towns to behold from the Volga, with its brightly painted Kremlin standing proudly along the waters’ edge, Uglich is home to the Church of St Dmitry, where the last heir of Ivan the Terrible met his mysterious demise
- Yaroslavl is one of the oldest and most celebrated cities of Russia’s Golden Ring. Admire the incredible artistry of the Spassky Monastery and take part in a costumed reception at the Governer’s House