Why choose an educational trip to Russia?
From history and politics to music, dance, art, literature and architecture, few other countries can offer the incredible learning opportunities of an educational or student trips to Russia. A school trip to Russia is sure to inspire, impress and engage the mind and senses like no other educational experience, as students come face to face with dozens of extraordinary places that left an indelible mark on the world as we know it. Both Moscow and St Petersburg are overflowing with amazing attractions whose fame stems from their association with pivotal events and people in history, and the brilliance of so many of the world’s great architects, artists, composers, musicians, writers and scientists.
At 56th Parallel, our expertise focuses solely on travel to Russia. We’ve created countless custom itineraries to meet the specific needs of private groups, so you can feel complete confidence joining one of our educational tours with a tailored itinerary to suit your students’ subjects of interest.
Educational tours to Russia highlights:
- Take an eye-opening trip to Moscow, the nation’s capital. Stroll through the legendary Red Square and admire some of the world’s most awe-inspiring architecture including the iconic St Basil’s Cathedral, its stunning religious art and its role in the Russian Orthodox Church.
- Pay a visit to the Moscow Kremlin, the seat of Russian political power for over 500 years, from the Grand Dukes to the Tsars to the current presidency.
- Discover Russia’s impact on World War II on an insightful journey through Moscow, revealing how the war changed Russian society forever. Visit Victory Park, the Museum of the Great Patriotic War and more.
- Uncover the many secrets of the Soviets and the Cold War, visiting strange and fascinating sites and monuments to Soviet-era events and achievements, from the massive VDNKh Soviet Park, the Moscow Metro, the Triumphal Arch, Lenin’s Tomb and Stalin’s Bunker.
- See and hear the timeless beauty of the Russian ballet or the country’s great operatic and orchestral composers with breathtaking performances at historic venues like Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre and the Mariinsky Theatre in St Petersburg.
- Marvel at some of the most esteemed works of classical and modern art from masters such as Cézanne, Monet, Picasso and Gaugin as well as countless ancient artifacts among the three million treasures of the State Hermitage in St Petersburg, the city UNESCO has called “an open-air museum”
Whether your student curriculum calls for an in-depth exploration of modern history or their subject matter of choice lies in music, literature or the performing arts, our educational tours of Moscow and St Petersburg offer a chance to live, breathe and experience knowledge in a way no ordinary tour program can deliver.
To ensure your school or higher education institution provides the ultimate educational excursion to Russia, we can plan, advise and assist with every aspect of your trip, from pre-planning details such as airfares, visas, meals, tickets to attractions and performances and optional classes, workshops and activities. No one knows Russia’s history and its culture - past and present - like our expert local guides in Moscow and St Petersburg. Your students will return with a newfound understanding of Russia and its people that will be etched into the memories not just for the school term, but for a lifetime.