Seeking a genuine adventure? Here's why people travel to Siberia, Russia.
Within (and beyond) Russia’s vast borders are some of the international travels’ best-kept secrets. Still well off the package tour trail, Siberia is shrouded in the myths of shamans, the legends of explorers and stories of exile and survival. A holiday in Siberia might seem like a fantasy, but an incredible guided tour of Siberia is very much a reality.
Far from its image of being barren and inhospitable, Siberia is an astonishingly diverse region of forests and frozen lakes, snow-capped mountains, windswept coasts, isolated tribal villages and thriving cities.
Travel to Siberia is renowned among adventure travellers seeking a unique experience. Only on a trip to Siberia is it possible to immerse yourself in the traditions of the shamanic Buryats, the nomadic Arctic reindeer herders and the once-exiled Russian Old Believers.
Whether it’s the unspoiled cultures or unbridled adrenaline you crave, Siberia has it all. Join us on one of our Siberia tours for an adventure beyond the boundaries of ordinary travel.
Siberia Travel Highlights
- Visit Russia’s premier natural tourist attraction, Lake Baikal. In summer, Baikal is a paradise for sailing, island hopping, and hiking. In winter, its ice-covered surface plays host to hovercraft and 4WD adventures, ice skating, ice fishing, ice rafting, and ice caving
- Our choice of Siberia tours will immerse you in the ancient cultures of Siberia’s many ethnic groups, from the Buddhists of Buryatia to the nomads of the Yamal Peninsula and the throat-singing shepherds of the Altai Mountains.
- Take one of the greatest train journeys on earth - the Trans-Siberian Railway, as it passes through vast, empty tundra, alpine forest and booming modern cities.
- Get closer than you ever imagined to giant Kamchatka brown bears as they congregate every spring to fish for salmon in peninsula's pristine streams
- Trek to the top of majestic mountains in the Kamchatkan summer, or in winter, experience heli-skiing on the slopes of active volcanoes
- Cruise Kamchatka’s rugged Pacific coast for epic wildlife encounters with orcas, walruses, otters, sea lions and seabird colonies
Siberia still remains in many respects, a frontier destination (with the understandably popular Lake Baikal an exception). Traveling long distances to remote parts of the region is no easy feat, which is why a well-planned package tour of Siberia is the best way to enjoy your Siberian vacation.
Siberia is a land of pristine wilderness and natural wonders, containing the world’s oldest and deepest freshwater lake, and 25% of the earth’s forest cover. For winter sports enthusiasts, a Siberian winter tour promises pristine powder runs in backcountry taiga forest, or speed runs down the slopes of still-steaming volcanoes. Despite its untamed reputation, our guided Siberia tours cater to travelers of all types. For the most intrepid traveler, we can arrange a homestay in a nomad camp with the reindeer-herding Nenets on the edge of the Arctic Circle. By contrast, a summer cruise on beautiful Lake Baikal is as relaxing as it gets.
Wherever you wind up in Siberia, you’ll be astounded - both by its breathtaking natural beauty and the warmth and hospitality of its diverse inhabitants.